Monday, May 25, 2009

Biltmore House trip












We celebrated our anniversary today since it's aholiday and our anniversary falls on Thursday. We took the kids on their first trip to the Biltmore Estate. They LOVED it. We walked all over the house which took us about 2 hours, then had a snack before heading to the gardens. It sprinkled a little, but it was a light rain, so no problems. The roses were blooming but we had missed the tulips (my favorites). We upgraded to yearly passes so I can come anytime and see the festival of flowers next year :)
We walked to the Bass Pond (LONG walk) and the waterfall. We then walkedthrough the Italian garden with the Koi ponds and there were lots of tadpoles. THe kidssaw lots of lizards too. After the gardens we headed to the Winery. There wasn't a whole lot of stuff for the kids there, so we headed over to the RiverBend Farm to the petting area. There was butter churning, blue grass, potters, woodworking, blacksmith and old fashioned games. The kids really enjoyed it. We were pretty tired and hungry after 7 and a half hours of walking and exploring. We headed to Papas and Beer for dinner then home to watch a movie.
It was a very nice day and memorable anniversary.
I have 2 more weeks of recovery left. I did pretty good with my knee at the Biltmore House. Unfortunately my knee brace broke this morning, so I have to get a new one tomorrow at PT. That brace is 5 years old, so it is probably time for a new one. PT is going well. I should be release June 10th from PT.
I'm off to watch a new show called Obsessed about OCD. Should be interesting since I can relate :)




No comments: