Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's always something... excitement on a Monday

Who says Mondays are mundane? Not my Mondays. Yesterday, I was in the baby room, when I heard Kyle say, "mom, there are cops outside with guns!" Anyone who knows Kyle, knows that there was a great possibility that there was no truth in that statement. I opened the door and was about to tell him how inappropriate it was to talk about guns and cops like that when there were little kids around and I was shocked to see a sheriffs deputy in a green jumpsuit looking for his badge. He informed me there was going to be a raid on the house next door and I needed to get the kids away from the doors and windows. So, I had 22 kids, 2 teachers and me in a very small classroom. We were there for 30 minutes until they came back to tell us the house was secure. During this time I had to watch for parents still dropping their kids off and hurry them in the building. VERY STRESSFUL. We were told to stay in the building, so we did. THe cops were there all day off and on. Then to today we found out the man and woman there were arrested for meth trafficking (400 grams) and the guys bond is 1.5 million and her bond is 500,000. THey had a baby too, so that is really sad. We were told detectives would be coming so we may find out more from them. Apparently this guy had been under investigation for months and the raid was planned 6 weeks ago! It was a federal investigation as well.
So, that was my Monday. Tuesday wasnt too bad, we were short staffed, which was unexpected and put us in a bind, but what do you do?

We are still waiting for the raters to come back, my guess is tomorrow, cause I am in that classroom for the first hour. UGH I am so not ready for that.

No comments: