Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our Weekend: January 17 2009
















This weekend was non-stop busy, busy, busy! The girls had a game first thing Saturday morning, as usual. They did great and won, 19-2. They had pictures an hour later, so we were running around all morning.
At 2pm I had a "surprise" housewarming for my brother and sister in law........don't ask. Had a good time visiting with Sammy, who is quite taken with Papa.
Kyle had basketball pictures too, but I missed them, and Phillip took him. His game was later in the evening. His team is quite interesting. This has been a rough year. The first coach we had got kicked out due to coming to practices drunk.....I kid you not. Then we have several boys on the team with really bad attitudes. Last night at the game one kid got spoken to directly several times by one ref. He just rolled his eyes. THen the kids brothers were playing behind one of the goals and the ref told them to move to the sides 4 times. The parents just laughed. It was ridiculous. So, it is really no fun to go to Kyle's games due to these few kids. The coach tries hard, but he was kind of thrown into this, so needless to say, it;s been a mess....lol.
Tomorrow Pauline is going to try out for Survivor!!!! Please pray that she gets on. This has been a dream of hers to do. She keeps talking about her and I going on Amazing Race, which would be a comedy show in itself with me involved, so I am really hoping she is able to get on Survivor and do what she loves!!!!!
We have a winter weather advisory for tonight, tomorrow and Tuesday until 7pm. They are calling for lots of snow, at least 1-3 inches and of course, more for higher elevations. Tomorrow is not a school day for the kids, but is a daycare day (unless it snows, then I will close too). The kids already missed one day due to snow, so hopefully they won't miss many more because it cuts into their Spring Break. I hope we get enough snow to do something in. They got sleds last year when it snowed quite a bit, but it really hasn;t been enough to sled good in.
I hope every one had a great weekend and have a great week!!!!

No comments: