Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In the hospital

Well, I feel that I was completely unprepared for this surgery. I had no clue that things were going to happen that have happened. First of all, imagine my shock when I woke up with a tube in my nose, down my throat! The surgery was done laproscopically, which was supposed to mean a quicker recovery. Phillip and I were told I would be in the hospital overnight, possilbe 2 days. Well, This is day 4. I was told this morning I could go home Thursday or Friday. UGH. I can't sleep without Phillip so I am pretty much awake all night. I maybe sleep 2 hours off and on. I may take a short 1 hour nap during the day.
Today they took the tube out. I had a BM this morning and the tube came out around 11 am. Unfortunately I am still on a liquid diet, which means jellos, juice, tea and bullion. Woo Hoo.
The other bad thing is the gas pains. I seem to have gas bubbles trap in one area near one of the incisions which are incredibly painful. I;'m talking labor painful. So, they have given me Morphine, which doesn't make the gas bubble go away but it manages the pain.
I should get real food tomorrow. I had bullion, unsweetened tea with sugar packets, jello and grape juice. I ate the jello....lol. Phillip is bringing me sweet tea when he comes later tonight.
I have a list of foods I am dying to eat. Mostly chicken....lol..
Pathology came back on the tumor and it was fine. Everything looks good and they say I am progressing well. I had no idea I would be in the hospital this long though. I thought 3 to 4 days if he had to cut me, 1-2 days with Laproscopic. So, now I am looking at 6 days to a week! I just want to eat.

Phillip is bringing the kids to see tonight. I didn't want them (or anyone) to see me with that stupid tube in my nose. Only a select few have enjoyed that view....lol.....

Well I may take a short nap and try to get a popsicle.

No comments: