Saturday, March 28, 2009

First Weekend Home

I am so glad to be home, and because I want to get back to normal I over did it Friday and today. I didn't do a ton of stuff, but I did some cleaning and kept forgetting I couldn't lift or bend. My incisions are killing me now. It's hard to sit or lay in a comfortable position. Standing is really the only way to not hurt.

Phillip was a homeschool teacher this weekend. I am not smarter than a 5th grader when it come to math. Kyle's behind in math largely due to me not being able to explain it to him. Phillip has worked with Kyle most of today on his work and is getting him caught up.

During the discussion of the tumor surgery and knee surgery, my knee surgeon may the comment about my knee surgery being "elective". This has us concerned because we would be responsible for 20% of the surgery which could be quite a large amount. I will have to call on Monday to find out how they plan to file it with the insurance. If they file it as elective, then I will probably not have the surgery until next year. I'm hoping they don't file it that way, but we will see.

This weekend we haven't sone much because I had to rest quite a bit this morning. We did bills, bought groceries and that's pretty much it. Exciting, I know. Tomorrow we have to semi-gloss the daycare walls and some other work that has been put off since my surgery. We had our annual cleaning day on Friday. We close the daycare one Friday a year and clean the daycare from top to bottom.

My goals this week are to figure out if I can have surgery or not and if so, when. This way I can schedule the rest of my life....lol. Everything is on hold because of the surgery. I have alot of other things to figure out as well. We had a substitute become unreliable and our school age teacher gave her 2 week notice. This means I have to find additional back up teachers and hire a new school age teacher. So, once again I have to get the daycare to be completely covered AGAIN before I can have surgery. We have cancelled our Easter Florida trip, but if I don't have surgery, we will be able to go. I'm really frustrated with the amount of things I have to get back under control.

Well, I am going to watch some TV and go to bed early. My incisions are hurting and I may have to take something tonight for it. Been trying not to, but I may give in tonight.

No comments: