Sunday, December 21, 2008

Busy Holiday Weekend







This weekend has been full of baking and celebrations. Yesterday Kyle had his second Basket ball game. He did great, although his team did lose. They played against a really good team and unfortunately they were down to 6 players. After the second quarter one of their better players got fouled out :( But we were glad that Kyle really stepped up and did a great job. He played the entire game which was new for him because they usually cycle kids out every three minutes.


I did a ton of baking, which I really enjoy. I made toffee bars, snickerdoodles, buttery almond cookies, apple-carmel pie, baked macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole, fudge, reindeer cookies and raisin bran muffins. Everything has come out great. We had a Christmas party tonight and tomorrow I am taking some snacks to Phillip's office. He's off for the next 2 weeks, but I usually send something in to the office every year, and I am a little behind this year. I am just doing a mixed platter of toffe bars, buttery almond cookies and some bars I am going to make tonight.
We went and visited Joel and Candace and Sammy this afternoon. Sammy turned 1 today! We brought him a bug trike and he was so cute with it! He had more fun with the wrapping paper than anything! He is getting so big. The kids really enjoy playing with him and he seems to like them as well.

No comments: