Thursday, December 4, 2008

Knee update

Yesterday was my big doctor's appointment. I was really expecting to hear that I could be off crutches and all was good. The xrays do not show additional breaks, so that is good. I am scheduled to have an MRI on Saturday and then Wednesday (10th) review it with the doctor to make sure it is healing correctly. If it is, I should be off crutches completely in 2 weeks. If not, 6 weeks more of crutches. Thats not the fun part. My patella (knee cap) is not on straight. Because of that, the cushioning between the bones is wearing thin. I have Digenerative Joint Disease. So, after the fracture is healed he is going to do a scope surgery to clean out the debris in my knee as well as explore the other issues going on in there. He thinks at some point I will need a full knee replacement. Luckily he is going find every alternative to that. SO, at this point we won't know much until Wednesday. Blah.

No comments: