Friday, December 19, 2008

Knee set back

Well, I haven't been having too many problems with my knee until about a week ago. I have been doing alot of pool therapy which has been nice. However, I started having tremendous pain about a week ago. On Monday when I had therapy I was hurting but was able to get through therapy. On Wednesday I had pool therapy but could not get past my 5 laps. The therapist put me in the deep end with weights on my ankles to "pull" my leg and straighten my knee. It helped a little, but after doing some stretches I was still hurting. She put me in the hot tub for 20 minutes, but I was having shooting pains. She put a Renalto patch on me to wear home. This fun little number shocks medication into my muscle and helps with inflamation and pain. So, the out come is good, since I usually have no pain for about a day, but having my knee shocked for three hours is no fun. I usually have it done "in Clinic" which is done after I am numb with an ice wrap and is a much higher voltage and it takes 20 minutes. (See the picture of my lovely knee patch above with the electrode.. how cool is that ?) I have more pool therapy on Monday, so we will see how that goes. I haven't heard too bad today, but give it some time....lol

No comments: